Holy Rosary Catholic Church
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Holy Rosary Catholic Church is a Roman Catholic parish of the Diocese of Cheyenne located in Lander, Wyoming and whose current pastor is Fr. Schumacher. The parish is located on the sloping hills of east Lander beneath Mt. Hope Cemetery and its buildings and grounds are shared with Wyoming Catholic College's dormitories.
The first Catholic Church in Lander was built in 1882 before Wyoming had even become a state in the Union. The current church building and parish hall were completed in 1966 and an education building was completed in 1980. The pastor of Holy Rosary Parish also ministers to the two mission churches attached to Holy Rosary Parish Ascension Mission in Hudson, and Saint Brendan Mission in Jeffrey City.